Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 2 Picture of Beach

Yesterday afternoon Gail and I walked to the South end of the beach--away from town.  As we left our complex I turned around and took a picture of our building from the water.  As you can see we are right on the beach.
Our Place Paloma Blanca
The sand is a darker color due to volcanic rock being mixed in with it.  It is very soft, but firm so it is easy to walk on without sinking down into it.  The tide goes out in the afternoon so when I took this picture the beach was very wide.  In the morning the water is up to where the sand changes colors in the picture.
This is the beach looking towards the town of Jaco to the North.
Our Beach looking toward town

As we walked down the beach we saw where someone had taken the time during the day to create a couple sand sculptures.
Sand Mermaid

Sand Turtle




Unfortunately the tide will wash them away.

The beach ends to the south with some very jagged rocks.  The sand ends and the rocks take over completely.
South end of beach.
I had my flip flops with me so I put them on and climbed up the rocks (the next time I will make sure I have on my water shoes). While up on the rocks I took a picture of the beach all the way to town.
Jaco from the south

By the time we walked back to the condo it was almost time for the sunset (we missed yesterday because it was cloudy and overcast so this was our first sunset).


As we watched, the sun approached the horizon--it is amazing how quickly it moves.
Going
Going
Gone




Afterglow



















Georgeous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment